Health and Safety Manager
Competitive salary + benefits package
Staffordshire, Burton upon Trent, Swadlincote
Our client is a leader in the food production industry and are seeking an experienced Health and Safety Manager to join them on a contract basis.
- Manage and oversee health and safety of the site
- Develop policy proposals and safe systems of work.
- Propose improvement projects across the site for the purposes of health and safety.
- Provide advice, guidance and instruction in all matters of health and safety.
- Monitor Health & safety performance for the site through inspection & audit.
- Ensure site compliance with all UK health and safety legislation.
- Maintain effective control over health & safety budget per annum.
- Comply with all factory standards & procedures.
- Advise and instruct middle and senior managers in the use of the health and safety management system and other relevant procedures.
- Manage and maintain internal training databases and organise health and safety training as required.
- Coordinate accident investigations for the site ensuring timely and accurate reporting / data gathering.
- Liaise with enforcing authorities on behalf of the business when required.
- Management of the site’s food safety culture, to help prevent deviation in the process that impacts the safety, quality and legality of our products.
Qualifications & Experience required
- NEBOSH qualified (Lv. 3 Certificate as a minimum – Lv. 5 Diploma preferred).
- Must have previous experience within an industrial or manufacturing environment or similar
- People management skills, able to motivate and coach others.
- Be a highly engaging individual with well-developed interpersonal skills, able to relate to, work with and influence people at all levels internally and externally.
- Instructor level training desired but not essential (Manual handling, DSE, Forklift – counterbalance & reach).
- Professional, proactive, organised and motivated
The client are looking for the successful incumbent to start immediately if possible, but will wait for the right candidate.