9th October 2019
Top 10 off limit questions!
According to Recruitment Grapevine, research shows that –
The top 10 off limits questions that hiring manages admitted they have asked candidates in interviews include:
- What year did you graduate (59%)
- What year were you born? (55%)
- Do you have any children? (56%)
- Are you physically fit and healthy? (53%)
- Are you in a relationship or married? (51%)
- Have you got any plans to start a family? (42%)
- Where is your accent from? (46%)
- Will you need flexible time for a family life? (46%)
- Did you grow up outside the UK? (45%)
- Will you need time off during half term? (43%)
Many interviewers could be unaware of their innocent questions could be a legal grey area. Nearly 47% saying they have not had training on what questions to ask during interview.