This role is a senior position within the PMO team. All standard requirements of a Project Manager are retained, but the role also includes:
- Involvement in the strategic direction and continuous improvement of the PMO team
- Resource planning and the ability to manage direct reports or mentor and set the example to others within the team
- Closer involvement with sales strategies, capture planning and maximising future opportunities from a PMO perspective, with the associated interaction with important Customer during the bid stages accordingly
- A self-motivated, experienced, flexible, and competent Project Manager and team leader will thrive in this role.
- Someone who can put their stamp on the project and leading by example.
- Able to influence a positive, productive, and enjoyable culture, they are also intuitive to Customer needs and driven to ensuring Customers receive the highest levels of service and support.
- Able to motivate and develop a direct report / team is key to success in this role.
- Degree level (or equivalent) in a technical related subject, or relevant practical experience.
- Professional project/programme management qualifications such as APMP, PRINCE 2 or UK MoD – Acquisition Employment Trained would be an advantage
- Relevant experience of delivering project management excellence, of a technical product in a technical environment, from concept phase through to prototyping and trials, and into production.
- Experience working within, and delivering products or services to, the Defence & Security Sector
- Commercial awareness, and experience dealing with Customers and understanding Customer needs
- Use of Microsoft Project to control, define and monitor progress against schedules.
- Use of project management software tools such as: SAP, ERP systems. Preferably a practical understanding of JIRA tools.
- Leads those around them and sets the example for other PMs / project team members to follow.
- Competent in Project Management techniques such as Critical Path, Agile and Pert Analysis
- Understanding of project life-cycle management.
- Experience of risk and opportunity management.
- Experience mentoring and managing direct reports / team members to get the best from them in a tough working environment
- Contract management experience; preferably Government contracts and their associated project delivery gateway methodologies.
- Experience of project financial management and KPI reporting.
- Experience dealing with and presenting to senior stakeholders