Programming/Production Process Engineer
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a programming/production process engineer with a leading manufacturing business based in the Kent area on a full-time permanent basis.
Our client specialises in the design and manufacture of high-quality components for used within the Aerospace, Military and Industrial sectors.
The Programming/Production Process Engineer will be required to do the following;
- Producing CNC programs for Fanuc controlled multi spindle, multi turret turning machines, whilst ensuring that set up and cycle times are optimised
- Supporting CNC Setters and Operators to prove out programs on the shop floor
- Analysing production problems, identifying and implementing engineered solutions to fix root cause
- Driving quality process control
- Ensuring new and existing products are routed through best cost and quality solution to meet cost targets and implement change
- Leading process layout of new product and carrying out / owns all activity including PFMEAs to ensure process controls required are in place, providing manufacturability feedback to engineering in new design.
- Leading and measuring improvements to company in terms of cost, quality and delivery
- Developing and maintaining the tool library and all documentation; select, scope, justify and implement new equipment and tooling; liaise directly with suppliers to support tooling or equipment procurement.
- Updating engineering documentation in line with quality management system.
The Programming/Production Process Engineer is required to have the following;
- Degree / HND/HNC in relevant Engineering discipline
- Manufacturing experience, ideally within a component or assembly industry
- CNC machining and programming experience on fanuc controlled multi-axis machines
- Experience of reading and analysing technical drawings, as well as the ability and experience of dealing with day-to-day production issues
- Experience of cost reduction and quality improvements; lean implementation; set-up reduction; new product introduction; best cost manufacturing routing
- Ability to use CAD/knowledge of CAD
- Good computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Lean and continuous improvement skills, including 5S, SMED and OEE
- Knowledge of Quality Control Systems and Data Analysis
If you are interested in the position, please apply with an updated CV.