Owen Daniels are looking for a Junior Mechanical Estimator in Dartford and Maidstone
We are looking for a junior mechanical estimator to join our clients expanding team with industry experience and knowledge. You will provide detailed estimates for our client projects, including cost estimates, work time estimates, and overall customer satisfaction. The ideal candidate will have experience of maintaining client contracts and will continuously seek out new clients and estimating opportunities.
Estimator Job Duties
• Prepare cost budgets and cost estimates for new contracts.
• Keep existing contracts up to date, including making amendments, providing new cost estimates, and maintaining communication with the client.
• Adhere to company standards and guidelines when analysing and providing estimations; focus on maximising profit and customer satisfaction, while minimising any potential risks to the company.
• Prepare detailed, well-written proposals for each client, adhering to client guidelines while offering competitive and comprehensive cost estimates, and including supplementary documentation.
• Maintain relationships with existing clients keeping a sales-minded attitude and seek out and build relationships with new clients.
• Work with contracts manager and design team to help with development, innovation, and creativity on client projects.
• Keep detailed records of all estimation documentation, including site assessments and contract terms; update any existing contracts immediately upon agreement of new terms with client.
• Prepare and submit financial documents.
• Balance multiple proposals and estimations at once, ensuring each reaches the client by the deadline.
• Liaise with other company departments to maintain business development and continuously innovate new profitable outcomes.
Estimator Skills and Qualifications
Experience in the Industry (12 months +)
Strong Customer-Facing Skills
Sales and Customer Service
Self-Management and able to use initiative.
Ability to Manage Workloads
Salary Package £22k – £26k