Engineering Systems Administrator
£20,000 – £25,000
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Engineering Administrator with a leading manufacturing business based in the Leighton Buzzard area on a full time permanent basis.
The Engineering Administrator will be required to support on databases used across the teams and to take ownership of documentation generated by the Engineering team, including reports, user guides and assembly diagrams.
The Engineering Systems Administrator will be required to do the following;
- Work with Sales, Marketing, and the engineers to produce and maintain world-class documentation for product qualifications whilst ensuring that it is fit for purpose.
- Lead the standardisation of all marketing documentation, user guides and assembly poster of the different product ranges.
- Research, write, edit and revise content that is both engaging and accessible to users and customers with both non-technical and technical backgrounds.
- Management and ownership of the databases as required.
- Support the Engineering Management team to ensure the team training needs are correctly documented and relevant to the role.
- Author, review and approve SOPs, protocols, reports, and other documentation for accuracy and compliance with ISO 9001 & ISO 17025 standards.
- Establish and maintain an up-to-date electronic summary of all qualifications and physical properties of shipping systems to act a quick guide for the product status.
- Adapt rapidly to a changing requirement and be able to adjust responsibilities, time, and objectives accordingly.
- Identify problem areas or deficiencies and proactively contribute to their improvement as part of continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ensure that change control processes are adhered to in order to maintain traceability of changes to any databases or documentation.
The Engineering Systems Administraor is required to have the following;
- Educated to BTEC or equivalent in a technical field.
- Experience of working within engineering/manufacturing/lab enviornment
- Knowledge of IT computing and security principles – desirable
- Knowledge and experience in the use of databases.
- Knowledge/experience of coding and scripting languages e.g., SQL, LIMS Basic, VBA, etc, advantageous but not essential.
- Must demonstrate strong administration skills.
- Must have excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills, with great attention to detail.