Days (Potential to move on nights)
My client design and manufacture safety critical high precision components predominantly for the aerospace industry.
- To ensure the safe operation of CMM Machines
- Understand the principles of CMM and their usage
- Delivery of measured components in line with customer requirements
- Support New Part Introduction Process
- Influence Machine Utilisation and Right First Time Measures.
- Ensure product quality and batch traceability is maintained at all times
- Carry out routine checks on all equipment
- Ensure all documentation is recorded accurately as defined by procedures.
- Maintain housekeeping in the department to company standards.
- Calibration of gauges and fixtures
- Candidate must have good numeracy and literacy skills.
- Flexibility to work with little supervision across shift patterns.
- Hold a forklift truck licence and /or an overhead crane or prepared to undertake training
- Have a fair understanding of engineering drawings
- Proficient in Microsoft packages
- Proficient in PC DMIS
- A good understanding of CMM principles
- CMM experience at level one as a minimum
- Must have a good understanding of statistical process control (SPC)
- Good interpersonal skills to foster teamwork and achieve business objectives.
- Clear, concise and appropriate communication style both written and verbal